Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Rum , Rome and Royalism: Whose Resteraunt Will Rule This Time?

Rum , Rome and Royalism

I would much rather belong to a church five centuries behind the times and majestically indifferent to the fact than to a church five minutes behind the times, frantically running to catch up.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Whose Resteraunt Will Rule This Time?

I generally avoid "Reality TV" like the plague, but last year I couldn't help getting into "My Resteraunt Rules", the second season of which began last week. The basic concept; five teams of two from five different cities were given funding to open and run their own reasteraunts.

There being no team from my home city of Canberra, last time I barracked for the team from Perth, I used to live in Perth and the young couple seemed really nice and had a good idea for a Resteraunt (I must eat there one day). This time however, I don't think I like team Perth. At the bank (where each team tries to convice a panel of judges to give them more money) they came across as winney and having no clear idea of what kind of resteraunt they were going to open.

I'm tentavily backing team Brisbane at this point. I'm shallow enough to admit that part of the reason is that the woman in said team is really beautiful, but I also think they've made a smart move going for a resteraunt with live music. The aforementioned woman has a great voice. If, as she says she plans to, some of the live music is provided by her, it will be great.